Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Capture Your Share of the Federal Contracting Pie
Wednesday, March 7, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (PST)
Portland, United States
Get your slice of the millions of Federal contract teaming dollars available to small businesses. Through Powering Up! Small Business teams, you will be able to team with firms experienced with federal contracting to make new connections.
Join us for this free event and:
- Learn about federal contracting opportunities from Prime Contractors such as Howard S. Wright, SKANSKA, Stantec and Johnson Controls.
- Hear how you can gain support for your business through participation in our program designed to help you grow your company.
- Participate in round table discussions with other business owners and large primes and hear what they look for in a subcontractor and what opportunities they are sourcing for now.
You won’t want to miss this opportunity to meet:
- Jason Souza, Stantec, a multi-billion dollar international company looking for small business federal contractors
- David Patterson, Regional Manager, Johnson Controls, Inc.
- MaryJo Juarez, Native American PTAC, former Navy Small Business Program Manager
- Patrick Hughes, Hughes Group LLC, Small Business Minority and Service-Disabled contractor
- Carroll Bernard III, GCAP
- Howard S Wright
Charles Hill Jr., Director Acquisition Management Forest Service Pacific Northwest Region
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Minority, Women and Disadvantaged Businesses who want to know more about growing their businesses through federal contracting.
- Prime contractors who seek diverse firms as sub-contractors.
- Consultants and business advisors to small businesses who want to help their clients grow their revenues.
- Contract officers and small business program managers with contracting goals for diverse small businesses.
POWERING UP! Business Teams is brought to you by
This project is funded by a grant from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). SBA's funding should not be construed as an endorsement of any products, opinions, or services. All SBA-funded projects are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis
When & Where
Powering Up! Small Business Teams
Powering Up! Small Business Teams is a collaboration of non-profits and government agencies coming together to develop teams of contract-ready, diverse firms to work with prime contractors and corporations to secure larger federal contracts.
Through a grant made possible by the U.S. Small Business Administration, the team will provide support to help form teams and connect the less-experienced businesses with education, training and mentoring to build scale for federal contracts.
To get started, fill out our short application at http://powerupteams.biz/application/ today!